Before founding Sones & White, Everett was a shareholder at Baker Donelson and then a partner at a boutique law firm. In his consulting practice, Everett provides consulting services to Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs), including CDFI certification, grant writing, compliance, and strategic planning to community banks and other financial institutions. In the law firm, Everett focuses on corporate and transactional law, with an emphasis on serving as outside general counsel to local businesses.
Everett and his wife Jennifer live in Madison, Mississippi with their three children, Ellie, Mason, and Caleb. They are active members of Pear Orchard Presbyterian Church (PCA) in Ridgeland, Mississippi.
- 2017 Portico Top 10
- Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Star (2012 – 2019)
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Community Development Bankers Association
- Mississippi Bankers Association
Pear Orchard Presbyterian Church (PCA), Deacon
One Story Ministries, Inc., Board Member
- Mississippi, 2005
- Tennessee, 2018
- Louisiana State University, J.D., B.C.L., 2005
- Order of the Coif
- Law Review
- Grigsby Scholarship
- University of Mississippi, B.B.A., 2002